Monday, June 1, 2009

Packing

Today I began packing, and now most of my clothes have taken over our living room - socks in one pile, t-shirts in another, pants in another - causing small inconvenience to the rest of my family, especially David who came home and immediately sat on the pile of collared shirts on the couch. I realized that its much harder to pack for 8 weeks in a country far away than it has been for anything else I have been to and I actually have to plan my packing rather than just throwing a random assortment of clothing in a bag as normal. I am probably gonna pack enough clothes for about a week as Ill be able to do laundry over there, just no colors with whites. In addition to clothes I am taking technology with me, video camera, camera, laptop, and hardrive in order to communicate with everyone at home. Everything should work over there if I have it figured out right and I know that they have Internet access.

I am hoping to be done figuring out if I need to buy anything else by the end of tomorrow morning so I can buy what I need tomorrow afternoon hang out with friends/family tomorrow night, finish packing Wednesday hang out some more, recheck everything Thursday and hang out some more.

I guess I am finally realizing that I am going to be gone for eight weeks and not be close to home at all because I am feeling a little nervous, but once again I am extremely excited. I know that God would not lead me to a place that He does not want me to be at so I am trusting in Him and offering these small anxieties to Him. Less than 3.5 days before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment